My Dream-ZZZzzz World

A Mermaid in the Creek?


I thought like it was the end of the world. My eyes were nailed to the flowing water in the creek as I was walking sideways to get to the nearest variety store in the neighborhood. Then I halted, I looked again closely at the creek to make sure I was looking at the real thing. It was too quiet and looking at the creek made the scene more horrible.

Flowing in the creek was not water but a very slimy liquid which gave me the idea that it was lava coming from a volcano though there is no volcano in the village. I also thought that water pollution in the area has gone bad that the whole thing occupying the creek was soapsuds. I thought there was a threatening catastrophe so I had to hurry then while eyeing at the bridge just a few meters ahead of me. The cataract of flowing matter in the creek almost overlapping the bridge prodded me to speed up.

Once my feet settled on the bridge, I gave a quick look at my cousin's riparian house. I must have been in illusion that I just saw my cousin's upper body emerge from the creek and sink back in right away. She seemed like her though she had longer hair, angelic face and, was wearing a blue shirt. She gave me a frightening look with her big eyes. That gave me a second thought whether what I saw was actually a cousin or a mermaid. (A mermaid in a creek?) If she were my cousin, then she would have been the only person visible to me at that time. The whole surroundings was really eerie.

After crossing the bridge, I finally arrived at the variety store where I bought three bags of fishballs. I remember my dad and his friends were drinking at home that I was on an errand to buy them appetizers. With three bags of fishballs in my hands, I felt frozen. I couldn't move, the stuff seemed so heavy that my feet were pinned down on the ground. The store owner suddenly disappeared and when I directed my eyes at my left towards the pavement, I saw two of my neighbors pass by. They offered me help but out of nowhere, my younger brother came rushing towards me and volunteered to carry one of the bags.

As we set our feet to head for home, my brother messed up with the fishballs, dropped the bag and the fishballs with its sauce just exploded on the ground. I was so damn disappointed in him that before my waking world, I started hitting him countless times with my knuckles on his head.

/Stumble This/ Fave This On Technorati/

4 comments:

I love reading these dreams, and I want you to know you're being read and appreciated. Still, the idea of commenting on someone's dreams seems out of place. I just want to listen. Therefore, with your consent, from now, I'm going to restrict myself to saying something like, I'm following you. Or, Thanks.

August 6, 2007 at 7:26 PM  

intriguing visions... i much prefer the use of "eyes nailed to the water..." awesome word-ology
..will have to check more soon

August 7, 2007 at 1:01 PM  

hi staggo and joolian, thanks for being a part of my dreamzzz world^^

August 7, 2007 at 4:27 PM  

Dreams.. Dreams.. Dreams.. :)
Kinda cool dear..! :)

August 9, 2007 at 1:15 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home