My Dream-ZZZzzz World

An Old Neighbor's House


It's true. Coming up with a post at least four to five times a week needs commitment. I should have written this post earlier had my boss not given so many students to handle. I rarely have a breaktime these days and I am a little afraid that I may not be able to do my homework religiously.

One of the problems of narrating my dreams here is that, I sometimes have a hard time recalling the sequences of my dreams, the pictures are clear but most of the time, I don't remember which happened first and so on.

I want to start with the scene where I saw the old picture of my neighborhood. (I live in the mountains as what most people say when I tell them of my roots and my origin. People in a more urbanized city tend to generalize that people who come from the mountains live in the mountains literally. Where there is lack of civilization and awareness to modernization and technological advances. I think it just so happened that I live in a suburb which is not far from the city in my hometown.)

In my dreams, the whole neighborhood was a lush sanctuary. There were lots of pine trees, and towering ferns, and those grasses that look like big clovers(about two feet in height which look like mini umbrellas). At present the neighborhood, is congested with houses and people who migrated from other towns and rarely you find trees. I saw myself looking for my childhood friend's house. Our houses were separated by several hills and I had to pantingly reach his place a few hills from my house. When I got there, I was surprised to see an unfinished house or a newly constructed house with its hollowblocks visibly outside. The house had no painting but it looked great as a bungalow with it's two attics on the facade.

I was calling out my friend to see my arrival but there was no reply and somehow I felt creepy outside. I climbed a tree almost connected to one of the attics and I broke the window to get in. To my surprise my friend was waiting inside with his mother and they did not get angry with me. They warmly welcomed me with a hug.

3 comments:

Interesting Dream. I have often found the study of dreams fascinating.

July 16, 2007 at 11:06 PM  

wonderful dream...
The dream usually means something

July 17, 2007 at 3:29 AM  

Keep a notepad and pen next to your bed so you can write the dream down as soon as you wake up. It might help you with remembering the sequence of your dreams.

July 21, 2007 at 5:28 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home